featured blog comment for “The Things They Carried”

In blog number two, I noticed that the author didn’t summarize the story at all, which I tend to do almost every blog. The author of the second blog also spent the entirety of their response relating Tuan’s ideas of “intimate space, place and experiences” to “The Things They Carried” regarding Lieutenant Cross’ love for Martha. Since the blogger focused mainly on how much Lieutenant Cross love and adored Martha, it leads me to believe that while this person was reading the story, they may have thought the overall theme was love. I, on the other hand, thought that lust, which is on the same page as love, was a main part of the story, but not the actual theme. I felt that it took ‘lust’ to make Lieutenant Cross realize how much the men he was fighting with relied on him to be their leader. It was because he knew him and Martha were never going to be together, that he dedicated himself to the war and his men. Cross also realized just how foolish he was being in the first place to let Martha distract him enough to let one of his men be killed under his watch.

2 Responses to featured blog comment for “The Things They Carried”

1. Maisie says:

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your
    situation; we have developed some nice methods and we are looking
    to trade methods with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

my site; here – Maisie

2. What i don’t realize is in reality how you are no longer
    actually a lot more neatly-preferred than you may be now.
    You’re so intelligent. You already know therefore considerably with regards to this topic, made
    me in my opinion consider it from a lot of varied angles.
    Its like men and women don’t seem to be interested unless it is
    something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent.

All the time care for it up!